After more than 30 years serving the advertising and marketing community, LEAP has seen a lot of London—from our main production offices in EC1 to our printworks in Woolwich and across the capital to our various clients’ offices and embedded studios. In July 2019, our main production HQ is on the move again as we bid farewell to Goswell Road and relocate to the heart of the Clerkenwell Creative Quarter: 19 Hayward’s Place, London EC1R 0EH.
Our new home will be easily accessible by public transport. We are a very short walk from Farringdon Station. This will make our production hub just eight minutes via Crossrail (Elizabeth Line) to our Woolwich Printworks, and it will also be very convenient for travel to our Chichester digital and creative offices.
As well as an upgrade within the EC1 location, our new offices will see us virtually triple our size and capacity for content and broadcast, with integrated post-production facilities of over 3,000 square feet. This includes editing, VFX and high-end finishing as well as voice over recording, broadcast audio production and green screen interview space. Alongside the expansion of post-production/VFX and content space, we are also investing in the latest platforms for servers and smart storage infrastructure which will provide even better speed and access to our existing technology suite.
Hayward’s Place is in the area known as Clerkenwell Green, which although has a village-like feel, isn’t entirely a green space. It is, however, a stone’s throw from St James’s Churchyard and a short stroll from Spa Fields, both of which offer a delightful respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. There are also plenty of pubs and cafés in the vicinity to quench one’s thirst and set the world (of marketing) to rights.
Our new premises also have a fascinating history. The site was once the location of the Red Bull Theatre, an open-air venue operating in Shakespearean times. Many of the houses still standing on Hayward’s Place were built in 1834 as homes for factory staff working in the Nicholson Gin Distillery. Our offices themselves were once the original vaults where Nicholson Gin produced spirits from 1828 into the twentieth century.